Friday, July 12, 2013

Quick Takes Friday?

My first link-up. Woo!

--1--
I've been trying to link-up with 7 Quick Takes on Fridays probably ever since I started blogging.  Mostly because it automatically gives me an outlet for spewing my random thoughts without requiring them to be connected.  Like, if William Faulkner had a blog.  Except it probably wouldn't be numbered. Or it would be out of order.  My mother is a fish.  Anyways... I haven't done it yet because I always think, "Oh! It's Friday! Quick Takes! What did everyone write?" And then I read other Quick Takes.  And then I'm busy.  And then it's Saturday.  Alas, another Friday come and gone.


--2--
Wow.  July 12th  When did that happen?  I mean, I know it happened about 23 hours ago, but I mean the more general interpretation of where did the time go? Vacation happened.  Then vacation recovery. And now I have a *new* job that, at least for the summer, has me leaving for 8-hour work days and leaves the hubby home with the kiddo.  It's weird.  But I enjoy my job, and it makes me appreciate being home with both of them in the evenings and on the weekends. 


--3--
Speaking of Baby G, he's a GIANT BABY.  I mean, he's not really that big compared to other six month olds, but he's WAY bigger than he was six months ago.  Shocking, I know.  

Happy Independence Day!


--4--
We are taking a babyless 2 night vacation this week.  I'm excited for it.  We were supposed to go whitewater rafting, after that repeatedly fell through, we decided today to go somewhere else.  We leave less than a week from now.  Most spontaneous vacation of my life.  The planner in me is still freaking out a little.  The entire planning process for this trip occurred across the span of about six hours.  Like from, "What if we went somewhere else instead?" to booking the hotel.  Freaking out a little bit.  


--5--
What are the rules for Quick Takes?  Is it legitimate to just fill the rest of my takes with adorable pictures of my baby? Like this one (even though it's blurry).




--6--
Baby G went to bed tonight at around 9:30.  Now, at 11:45, he has decided it was not bedtime.  It was only a nap.  Good thing it's the weekend.


--7--
I only have 2 minutes or I'll miss it again (see #1), so this is the end!  Wrong. It's now Saturday.  Too bad.  I'll pretend I'm in another time zone.  *Channelling West Coast*  Off to re-attempt bedtime.  Wish me luck!



No comments:

Post a Comment