Monday, February 24, 2014

An Ode to Sleep

While NOT sleeping at 2am a few weeks ago, I decided, what better way to use my time then to write a poem about sleep?  Obviously.  I mean, doesn't everyone do that?  Anyways, I shared it with my husband and decided to share it with the world at large.  Congratulations, haha.  Enjoy :)


An Ode to Sleep
~by Susan~

Oh, Sleep, how I love thee
Let me count the ways:
On my back
On my left side
On my right side
On my stomach with my leg on the body pillow and my arm under the head pillow

I desire you constantly:
In the morning
In the afternoon
In the evening
At 2:08 am
At 2:09 am
At... At 2:57 am

You empower me
You strengthen me
You give me patience
You help me be a better person

I pine for the days we can spend hours together
I cherish every moment we meet
I miss you as soon as I leave you
And I look forward to our next meeting

My dear sleep,
I will always love you.

Until we meet again...
--Susan

1 comment: