I'm starting a blog (obviously). It's something I've thought about doing for a while, but something I never thought I'd actually do. I've had "blog envy" of some of my friends and family for quite some time now, and recently my dear husband suggested we both get hobbies do break up our routine some and give us each some more "me time." With a new baby, I thought--how in the world am I going to find a hobby that I can either do with a 3-month-old, or I can do away from a 3-month-old some evenings between 7 and 8 or on the weekends??? As I was pondering this idea, I was reading--okay, maybe more like stalking--some friends' blogs and thought, "I could do that." So, lo and behold, here I sit, typing away while my little guy swings happily in his rainforest swing, intently watching the spinning toucan and ignoring the leaping tree frog, and listening to lullaby melodies played by some kind of digital instruments...
I'm still not totally certain what I'll be writing about on a regular basis, or even what a "regular basis" even means. The best way I could sum up my vision is in the blog description: "Musings of a mom, hopes of a house-wife wannabe, and a work-in-progress." I think it will be a lot about learning to be a momma to the most adorable little guy on the planet, while embracing the desire I've had recently to bake and clean all the time. And I suppose some general thoughts on the world, society, the Catholic faith, and whatever else is on my mind on any given day (could be potatoes--who knows?). For now, I'll just post an adorable picture of my sweet baby boy on our recent trip to the beach (Sorry for the low quality!!), and I'll try to navigate life in the blog-o-sphere.

Yay! Welcome to world of blog! My suggestion-join in lots of link-ups to get you started!
ReplyDeleteNice beginning to a great blog. Loved the story about your name.
ReplyDeleteThings that make life special are little stories close to our hearts.
Gus is getting so big! It was so nice to see you Saturday at the picnic.
Enjoy blogging I will check in once in a while to see what's going on.
D Cross